Quantitative Aptitude Questions With Answers
We are listing you the problems of quantitative aptitude of 50 problems,which are very useful for ibps bank exam,MAT,mnc recruitment of various sectors.Quantitative aptitude questions with answers for 50 problems given below.
1. The average age of a class of 39 students is 15 years .If the age of the teacher be included, then the average increases by 3 months .Find the age of the teacher.
A) 25 years B) 27 years C) 35 years D) 28 years
2. The average of eight numbers is 14. The average of six of these numbers is 16.The average of the remaining two numbers is :
A)4 B) 8 C)16 D)none
3. The average of ten numbers is 7 . If each number is multiplied by 12 ,then the average of new set of numbers is :
A) 7 B)19 C) 82 D) 84
4. The average of six numbers is 30.If the average of first four is 25 and that of last three is 35, the fourth number is :
A) 25 B) 30 C)35 D)40
5. The average age of 30 students is 9 years .If the age of their teacher is included ,it becomes 10 years . The age of the teacher (in years ) is :
A) 27 B) 31 C) 35 D) 40
6. After replacing an old member by a new member, it was found that the average age of five members of a club is the same as it was 3 years ago.what is the difference between the ages of the replaced and the new member ?
A) 15 yrs B) 8 yrs C) 4 yrs D) 2 yrs
7. Three years ago , the average age of A, B and C was 27 years and that of B and C, 5 years ago was 20 years. A’s present age is :
A) 30 yrs B) 35 yrs C) 40 yrs D)48 yrs
8. three years ago, the average age of a family of 5 members was 17 years. A baby having been born , the average age of the family is the same today. The present age of the baby is :
A) 2 yrs B) 2.4 yrs C) 3 yrs D)1.5 yrs
9. The average weight of 6 men decreases by 3 kg when one of them weighing 80 kg is replaced by a new man . The weight of the new man is :
A) 56kg B) 58 kg C)62 kg D) 76 kg
10. The average of ten numbers is 7 .If each number is multiplied by 12 , then the average of new set of numbers is :
a) 7 B) 19 C) 82 d) 84
11. A batsman makes a score of 87 runs in the 17th inning and thus increases his average by 3 . Find his average after 17th inning.
A) 39 B) 38 C) 38.5 D) 39.5
12. Out of four numbers ,the average of first three is 16 and that of the last three is 15 .If the last number is 18,the first number is :
A) 20 B) 21 C) 23 D) 25
13. Narasimha, Madhu and pavan started a business by investing Rs.1, 20,000, Rs. 1,35,000 and Rs 1, 50,000 respectively. Find the share of Pavan, out of an annual profit of Rs 56,700.
A) Rs .16, 800 B) Rs.18, 900 C) Rs.21, 000 D) none
14. Anand and Deepak started a business investing Rs. 22,500 and Rs.35, 000 respectively. Out of a total profit of Rs. 13,800, Deepak’s share is_______.
A) Rs .5400 B) Rs. 7200 C) Rs. 84,000 D) 94,000
15. A starts business with Rs. 35,000 and after 5 months, B joins with A as his partner. After a year, the profit is divided in the ratio 2:3. What is B’s contribution in the capital?
A) Rs .7500 B) Rs. 8000 C) Rs. 8500 D) Rs. 9000
16. A and B are partners in a business. A contributes 1/4 of the capital for 15 months and B received 2/3 of the profit .For how long B’s money was used.
A) 6 months B) 9 months C) 10 months D) 1 year
17. X and Y invested in a business. They earned the profit, which they divided in the ratio of 2:3. If X invested Rs. 40,000, the amount invested by Y is
A) Rs .60, 000 B) Rs. 8000 C) Rs. 50,000 D) Rs. 90,000
18. A, B and C enter into a partnership and their shares are in the ratio 1/2:1/3:1/4.After 2 months, A withdraws half of his capital and after 10 months, a profit of Rs. 378 is divided among them. What is B’s share?
A) Rs .129 B) Rs. 144 C) Rs. 156 D) Rs. 168
19. A, B, C enters into a partnership investing Rs 35000 Rs 45000 and Rs 55000 respectively. The respective shares of A, B and C in annual profit of Rs 40,500 are
A) Rs.10, 500 Rs.13, 500 Rs.16, 500 B) Rs.11, 500 Rs.13, 000Rs.16, 000
C) Rs.11, 000 Rs.14, 000 Rs.15, 500 D) Rs.11, 500 Rs.12, 500 Rs16,500
20. 2 is what percent of 50?
A)2% B)10% C)100% D)4%
21. 5% of (25% of Rs1600) is
A)Rs. 5 B)Rs 17.50 C) Rs 20 D)Rs 25
22. In an examination, 35% of the students passed and 455 failed. How many students appeared for the examination?
A) 490 B) 700 C) 845 D) 1300
23. At an election a candidate who gets 84% of the votes is elected by a majority of 476
Votes what is the total number of votes polled?
A) 672 B) 700 C) 749 D) 848
24.1100 boys and 700 girls are examined in a test; 42% of the boys and 30% of thegirlsPass.The percentage of the total who failed is:
A) 58% B) 62 2/3% C) 64% D) 78%
25. Find S.P when C.P= Rs 56.25,gain=20%.
A) 68.34 B) 67.50 C) 61.25 D) 66.66
26. Find C.P when S.P =Rs 40.60, gain =16%
A) 25 B) 45 C) 35 D) 55
27. A man buys a cycle for Rs 1400 and sells it at loss of 15% what is the selling price of the cycle?
A) Rs 1090 B) 1160 C) 1202 D) 1190
28. A shopkeeper purchased 70 kg of potatoes for Rs. 420 and sold the whole lot at the rate of Rs 6.50 per kg .What will be his gain percent?
A) 4 1/6 % B) 6 1/4 % C) 8 1/3 % D) 20%
29. A man buys an article for Rs 27.50 and sells it for Rs 28.60 .Find his gain %?
A) 4 B) 8 C) 2 D) none
30.How is my father’s wife’s grandfather’s only child’s sons is related to me?
31. A man said to a lady, “Your mother’s husband’s sister is my aunt.” How is the lady related to the man?
A) Mother B) Aunt C) Sister D) Grandmother
32. If P + Q means P is the brother of Q; P – Q means P is the mother of Q and P * Q means P is the sister of Q. Which of the following means M is the maternal uncle of R, if you can assume a third person K to be involved in establishing the relationship?
A) M-K*P B) M+K*R C) M+K-R D) M+K+R
33. If P + Q means P is the mother of Q, P ¸ Q means P is the father of Q, P – q means P is the sister of Q. Then which of the following relationship shows that M is the daughter of R:
A) R – M ¸ N B) R + N ¸ M C) R ¸ M + N D) None of these
34. Some forms are books. All books are made of paper.
A) Some forms are made of paper
B) Some forms are not made of paper
C) No forms are made of paper
D) None of the above
35. Some books are not forms. All books are made of paper.
A) Some forms are made of paper.
B) Some forms are not made of paper
C) Some things made of paper are not forms
D) None of the above
36. No M are P.
Some M are S
A) Some S are P B) Some P are S
C) No S are M D) Some S are not P
37. All M are P.
All S are M
A) All P are S B) All M are S
C) All S are P D) None of the above
38. Some M are not P.
All M are S
A) No S are P B) All S are P
C) Some S are not P D) No S are P
(Q39-Q40): A cube painted yellow on all faces in cut in to 27 small cubes of equal sizes. Answer the questions that following
39. How many cubes are painted on one face only?
A)1 B)6 C)8 D)12
40. How many cubes are not painted on any face?
A)1 B)4 C)6 D)8
(Q41-Q42):There was a cube painted in red. IF it’s cut into 512 equal pieces, how many faces will be with
41. How many cubes are 2 red color faces ?
A) 27 B) 1 c) 8 D) None
42. How many cubes are 3 red color faces ?
A) 27 B) 72 C)8 D) None
43.729ml of a mixture contains milk and water in the ratio 7:2. how much water is to be added to get a new mixture containing milk and water in the ratio 2:1?
A)112.5ml B)5 ml C)121.5 ml D)215 ml
44. In an examination, 80% of the candidates pass in History and 75% in Geography. If 10% fail in both the subjects, what is the pass percentage?
A) 65 B) 45 C) 75 D) 55
45. Find the percentage saving, in buying a dozen articles for Rs. 126 instead of Rs. 12 for one?
A) 12 B) 12 1/2 C) 15 D) 16 2/3
46. By selling 300 apples a seller gains the selling price of 60 apples. The gain of the seller is …
A)Rs. 200 B)Rs. 20% C)Rs 25% D)Rs. 16 2/3%
47. A reduction of 20% in the price of sugar enables a consumer to obtain 2.5kg more for Rs.160. Find the reduced price per kg.of sugar.
A) Rs. 12.70 B) Rs. 12.75 C) Rs12.80 D) Rs. 12.85
48. Salary of Suresh is 25% less than the salary of Ramesh. By how much percent the salary of Ramesh is more than the salary of Suresh?
A)12 1/2 % B)16 2/3% C)33 1/3% D) 26 2/3%
49. A man’s income was reduced by 10%. How much percent it must now be raised so that it may be equal to the original amount?
A)11 % B)12% C)15% D) 16 %
50. A man’s wages was reduced by 50%. Again the reduced wages was increased by 50%. Find out the percentage effect on his salary.
A)Remains same B)Increases by 50%
C)Decreases by 50% D)Decreases by 25%