Quantitative aptitude questions with answers for bank po and clerical exams
- If in a village the population decreases by 20%, increases by 10% and increases by 10%, the new population is what percentage of the original population?
- A trader will buy milk at Rs. 10 per litre and mixes water such that for every 20 lt of milk there is 4 lt of water. Find his gain percentage if he sells the milk at Rs. 12 per liter.
- A person invests Rs. 4500 in three deposits in the ratio of 3:7:5. If they give the returns as 10%, 10% and 20% of the amount invested in them, then calculate his total returns.
- In a family there are a prime number of couples. Each couple has 5 sons and each of the sons of each couple has as many sisters as the number of couples. How many people are there in the family if the number of couples is even?
a. 18 b. data inadequate c. 24 d. none
- If the SP and CP of a trader are in the ratio of 3:2 then his profit percentage is___
c. Cant be determined
- At what time between 4 and 5 will the hands of the clock coincide?
a. 4:22 8/11
b. 4:21 9/11
- If 31st July 1975 was Saturday then on what day does 31st August 1979 fall?
a. Sunday b. Saturday c. friday d. none
- A train at 72 kmph crosses another of equal length in the same direction at 54 kmph in 10 s. Find the length of the train.
a. 50 m b. 75 m c. 25 m d. none
a. 2 b. 4 c. 10 d. none
- If green means blue, blue means white, white means yellow and yellow means red, that means green what is the colour of haemoglobin?
(11-15) A solid cuboid(4mx3mx3m) is painted black on all of its sides and is cut into equal cubes(1mx1mx1m).
- How many small cubes will have only one face painted?
- How many small cubes will have paint on two of their faces?
a. 16 b. 18 c. 12 d. none
- How many small cubes will have no paint?
- If a layer of small cubes(4mx3m) is removed then how many small cubes will have three faces painted?
- How many small cubes will be there?
a. 72 b. 48 c. 54 d. 36
(16-20) Six lectures A, B, C, D, E and F are to be organized in a span of seven days(from Sunday to Saturday), one lecture each day according to following rules:
1. A should not be on Thursday. 2. C should be immediately after F. 3. There should be a gap of two days between E and D. 4. There will be no lecture on one day(Not Friday), just before the day for D. 5. B should be on Tuesday and should not be followed by D.
- On which day there is no lecture?
a. Monday b. Tuesday c. Friday d. Saturday
- How many lectures are between C and D?
- On which day will the lecture F be organized?
- Which of the following is the last lecture in the series?
a. A b. B c. C d. F
- Which is not required to find the sequence of lectures?
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. 5 only
(21-25) Select the option in which third is the deduction for the first two statements:
A. All kites are flakes. B.No flake is a bike. C. Some bikes are teaks. D. All teaks are bikes. E.Some bikes are not strikes. F. No kite is a bike
- a. AFB b. ABC c. BFA d. None
- a. BCD b. BDC c. BCE d. None
- a. ABC b. ABF c. ABE d. None
- a. DEF b. DEA c. DEB d. None
25. a. EFA b. EFB c. None d. EFC