Free Sample Aptitude Test Questions And Answers:
Sample aptitude aptitude questions with answers for all competitive exams like CAT,MAT,IBPS BANK EXAMS,RAILWAYS,GROUPS for practice,which are from aptitude and reasoning helps you more.Have the questions and try to solve them,if you did not get then check your answers.
1. The average age of a class of 39 students is 15 years .If the age of the teacher be included, then the average increases by 3 months .Find the age of the teacher.
A) 25 years
B) 27 years
C) 35 years
D) 28 years
2. The average of eight numbers is 14. The average of six of these numbers is 16.The average of the remaining two numbers is :
3. The average of ten numbers is 7 . If each number is multiplied by 12 ,then the average of new set of numbers is :
4. The average of six numbers is 30.If the average of first four is 25 and that of last three is 35, the fourth number is :
5. The average age of 30 students is 9 years .If the age of their teacher is included ,it becomes 10 years . The age of the teacher (in years ) is :
6. After replacing an old member by a new member, it was found that the average age of five members of a club is the same as it was 3 years ago.what is the difference between the ages of the replaced and the new member ?
A) 15 yrs
B) 8 yrs
C) 4 yrs
D) 2 yrs
7. Three years ago , the average age of A, B and C was 27 years and that of B and C, 5 years ago was 20 years. A’s present age is :
A) 30 yrs
B) 35 yrs
C) 40 yrs
8. three years ago, the average age of a family of 5 members was 17 years. A baby having been born , the average age of the family is the same today. The present age of the baby is :
A) 2 yrs
B) 2.4 yrs
C) 3 yrs
9. The average weight of 6 men decreases by 3 kg when one of them weighing 80 kg is replaced by a new man . The weight of the new man is :
B) 58 kg
D) 76 kg
10. The average of ten numbers is 7 .If each number is multiplied by 12 , then the average of new set of numbers is :
11. A batsman makes a score of 87 runs in the 17th inning and thus increases his average by 3 . Find his average after 17th inning.
A) 39 B) 38 C) 38.5 D) 39.5
12. Out of four numbers ,the average of first three is 16 and that of the last three is 15 .If the last number is 18,the first number is :
13. Narasimha,Madhu and pavan started a business by investing
Rs. 1, 20,000, Rs. 1, 35,000 and Rs 1, 50,000 respectively. Find the
share of Pavan, out of an annual profit of Rs 56,700.
A) Rs .16, 800
B) Rs.18, 900
C) Rs.21, 000
14. Anand and Deepak started a business investing Rs. 22,500 and Rs.35, 000 respectively. Out of a total profit of Rs. 13,800, Deepak’s share is_______.
A) Rs .5400
B) Rs. 7200
C) Rs. 84,000
15. A starts business with Rs. 35,000 and after 5 months, B joins with A as his partner. After a year, the profit is divided in the ratio 2:3. What is B’s contribution in the capital?
A) Rs .7500
B) Rs. 8000
C) Rs. 8500
D) Rs. 9000
16. A and B are partners in a business. A contributes 1/4 of the capital for 15 months and B received 2/3 of the profit .For how long B’s money was used.
A) 6 months B) 9 months C) 10 months D) 1 year
17. X and Y invested in a business. They earned the profit, which they divided in the ratio of 2:3. If X invested Rs. 40,000, the amount invested by Y is
A) Rs .60, 000
B) Rs. 8000
C) Rs. 50,000
D) Rs. 90,000
18. A, B and C enter into a partnership and their shares are in the ratio 1/2:1/3:1/4.After 2 months, A withdraws half of his capital and after 10 months, a profit of Rs. 378 is divided among them. What is B’s share?
A) Rs .129
B) Rs. 144
C) Rs. 156
D) Rs. 168
19. A, B, C enters into a partnership investing Rs 35000 Rs 45000 and Rs 55000 respectively. The respective shares of A, B and C in annual profit of Rs 40,500 are
A) Rs.10, 500 Rs.13, 500 Rs.16, 500
B) Rs.11, 500 Rs.13, 000Rs.16, 000
C) Rs.11, 000 Rs.14, 000 Rs.15, 500
D) Rs.11, 500 Rs.12, 500 Rs16,500
20. 2 is what percent of 50?
21. 5% of (25% of Rs1600) is
C) Rs 20
22. In an examination, 35% of the students passed and 455 failed. How many students appeared for the examination?
23. At an election a candidate who gets 84% of the votes is elected by a majority of 476
Votes what is the total number of votes polled?
24.1100 boys and 700 girls are examined in a test; 42% of the boys and 30% of thegirlsPass.The percentage of the total who failed is:
B) 62 2/3%
25. Find S.P when C.P= Rs 56.25,gain=20%.